Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Touring Negeri Sembilan


My humble Grom at Port Dickson Waterfront.

After a very very long time, I've finally got the chance to sit down and relieve my multiple road trips that I've embarked on earlier this year. 

I've always wanted to visit Seremban because I've a friend living there. I've also wanted to drop by Port Dickson after hearing so many stories of people having really great time there. Really, they made it sound extremely fun.

And so, inspired by all these stories, I took to the roads of Malaysia once again on my Humble Grom.

(For people who are wondering what's a Grom. A Grom is a seriously underpowered bike for touring.  At 125cc, it's top speed is only a mere 90-103KPH depending on road conditions and sloping angle. It is a Honda, that makes it pretty much indestructible as according to many seasoned riders out there... Humble?) 

Okay, I've to admit. They are fun because those trips are done with friends. When I reached Seremban, I was totally lost. I was quite amused by some of the road names and some local sights and sounds that I've encountered along the way. No really, the mayor of Seremban must be extremely proud of "Taman Happy". Okay, enough of all these rubbish though. What really what made this trip so different was the accompaniment of a friend. :)

So here's a big shoutout: 

#THANKYOUHUEYTHENG #FORBRINGINGMEAROUNDTOWN
Disclaimer, I rode alone while she drives ahead of me the whole time.

So here's a little introduction before I continue with my travelogue. Seremban is the main city within the state Negeri Sembilan. It is situated North of Malacca, South of Kuala Lumpur. It is situated in the same state as Port Dickson (not sure why many friends of mine visit PD but not Seremban). 

Seremban is famous for 2 things: Crabs and Seow Pow (烧包).
Port Dickson is famous for its seaside resorts. (Spoiler alert: The seaside isn't really all that fantastic). Oh, and not to forget Port Dickson has a really famous Bak Kut Teh too! On a side note, I'm not quite sure why is Bak Kut Teh so famous everywhere in Malaysia.

Below are my travelogue:

9 July 2016
Point B 11:15am - Woodlands Checkpoint (Mileage 9252KM)
Point B11:40am - Crossed Checkpoint
Point C 12:20pm - Shell Hentian (Kulai) Petrol Kiosk Northbound (NSH) Fuel Stop, 2.38L, 5RM
Point D 01:55pm - R&R Pagoh BHP Petrol Kiosk Northbound (NSH) Fuel Stop, 2.142L, 4.5RM
Point E 03:40pm - Reached Seremban Seafood Village (Seremban)

Total Time Taken: 4hours 25minutes


So I reached Seremban Seafood Village roughly 15 to 20 minutes earlier than Huey Theng. But hey, it's fine. I got to explore what's on the menu.


As according to Huey Theng, the most popular in the house is the Seremban BBQ Crab. However, it is highly advisable if call before coming. Apparently, the sales of crabs is based on seasons and when we were there, the crabs aren't in yet...! What a pity. We were so determined to get our fair share of crabs that we went to multiple other restaurants in Seremban, but all to no avail. Guess it really is the wrong season.

Famished, Huey Theng brought me to taste the famous Empayar Seremban Siew Pow

Seremban Seafood Village Crab's Menu

04:35pm - Empayar Seremban Siew Pow


Personally, it isn't really fantastic. But then again, you can't trust the tastebuds of a hungry man. I will be back...!

I convinced Huey Theng to bring me to try more good food. And she suggested Port Dickson. What a surprise! Apparently, Ah Cui Bak Kut Teh is one of the most popular Bak Kut Teh restaurants in town, and that's where we headed!

05:15pm - Ah Cui Bak Kut Teh (Port Dickson)


Huey Theng insisted that I try both dry and soup Bak Kut Teh, and they're both awesome.

07:00pm - Port Dickson Seaside

After a very late lunch / early dinner, we headed to the seaside. She was quite reluctant but I insisted saying I wanted to see how "World-class" is it. She gave in. Thank you Huey Theng! 


A very nice spot I must say. We caught up with life and we shared about a thing or two. There's a huge incomplete hotel to our right left desolated for unknown reasons. The waters aren't as clear as I'd expect it to be, but no doubt it's a nice spot to just chill and chat.

08:00pm - Port Dickson Waterfront


We left the seaside for the waterfront (the other more developed side) for McDonalds. That's got to be the only time I had Macs overseas. But it's okay we got to chat over McFlurry.
Fun Fact: In some restaurants in Malaysia, helmets are not allowed. When I entered, people were staring at me for carrying my helmet. Apparently, bringing a helmet gives people the impression that you're there to rob the place.
We wandered around the waterfront, watching people playing bubbles and whatever not. It really is a calming sight to behold. The night was really cold though. We bid our goodbyes and I took my leave. I followed Huey Theng in the direction of Seremban before rejoining the North South Highway.

In all honesty, without her, my ride would be just like all the rest. A friend added meaning to my trip, No seriously, I'll prolly think of her whenever I venture to Negeri Sembilan from here on out.

My Ride Back

Point A 09:10pm - Depart Port Dickson (Mileage 9585KM)
Point B 11:25pm - BHP Pagoh R&R Petrol Kiosk Southbound (NSH) Fuel Stop, 3.33L, 7.00RM
Point C 11:55pm - Hentian Sebelah Yong Peng R&R (5min break)

My Grom at Hentian Sebelah Yong Peng R&R

10 July 2016
Point D 12:28am - Shell R&R Machap Southbound (5 min break)
Point E 01:40am - Pasir Gudang Petrol Kiosk before crossing border, Fuel Stop, 3.17L, 8.40RM
Point E 01:57am - Crossed Border into Singapore (Mileage 9901KM)
Point F 02:20am - Home Sweet Home!

Total Time Taken on my return trip: 5hours 10minutes

Total Distance Travelled: 649KM
Average Travelling Speed: 90-103KPH

Cheers to friendship forged and many more rides ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment